Emergency Dentist NE Calgary
Dental injury and trauma
If it hurts, it’s an emergency
Chipped teeth account for most dental injuries, followed by more severe cases such as dislodged or knocked-out teeth.
Seek immediate attention from an emergency dentist. As an emergency dental office in NE Calgary, we can relieve your pain quickly.
Less aching, more relief
If a tooth is broken or cracked, see a dentist immediately (within 1 hour of injury). Teeth reimplanted within one hour of the accident frequently reattach to their teeth sockets.
Elevated Family Dentistry
|Sedation dentistry options|
|Ready for emergencies (root canals, tooth extraction, etc)|
|We direct bill to your insurance company|
|We follow the Alberta Dental Fee Guide|
How to deal with a dental emergency
Tips from an emergency dentist
- Be very careful handling the tooth. Only touch the crown (chewing surface) of your tooth.
- If the tooth completely came out, gently rinse it in clean water or milk and place back (reimplanted) into the socket from where it came. This can be done by the patient or parent and then checked by the dentist.
- If the tooth cannot be placed back in the socket, rinse the tooth with cold water for less than 10 seconds, and put it in milk. Do not place it in water.
- Keep gentle pressure with a gauze on the bleeding areas until the bleeding stops.
- Apply a cold pack on the cheek of the affected area to reduce swelling. An over-the-counter pain reliever can be taken as well.
Emergency dental treatment
Teeth that are chipped, cracked or broken can often be restored to a good appearance and function with a filling. Depending on the severity of trauma to the tooth pulp and nerves, root treatments or crowning may be required.
Surrounding teeth may also be affected, requiring a thorough exam of the whole mouth. Extraction occurs in treating more extreme cases, like split teeth. Immediate treatment is of utmost importance in successful reimplantation when a tooth has been knocked out or dislodged.
Need an emergency dentist in Calgary?
We understand that dental and oral health affect a person’s overall wellbeing. As a family and emergency dentist in Skyview NE Calgary, we ensure that our patients are comfortable and calm. With multiple sedation options available, we can ease the pain and traumatic experience while fixing the tooth.
Visit our office
Talk to us
Saturday: By appointment
Send us a message
We are now accepting new patients and bookings. We are open November 12, 2019.