Bad Breath Solutions
Calgary dental office in Skyview
Make an appointment
No judgement from your Calgary dentist
How do I get rid of bad breath?
The most popular and immediate method is to brush and floss thoroughly after meals to prevent mouth odour. Regularly seeing a dentist twice a year is proven to help eliminate many of the more serious causes of bad breath.
Elevated Family Dentisry
|Direct billing dentist|
|Innovation and comfort focused|
|We follow the Alberta Dental Fee Guide|
What causes bad breath?
Generally, the trigger behind bad breath is due to bacteria in the mouth. As bacteria in your mouth break down those food particles, it releases that lovely bad breath come morning time.
Other possible reasons behind bad breath:
- Poor oral hygiene
- Sinus infections
- Tonsil stones (tonsilloliths)
- Food stuck in a filling or graft
- Chronic dry mouth
- Gingivitis or gum disease
- Smoking, Cannabis and chewing tobacco users
- High blood sugar and poorly managed or undiagnosed diabetes
- An abscessed tooth, gum disease, tooth decay and other oral infections
- Reflux or GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Ketosis, often seen among people who are crash dieting or fasting
- Medications or a recent course of systemic antibiotics
Tips to keep your breath smelling fresh:
- Brush and floss your teeth after meals
- Brush your tongue twice daily
- Add a water flosser to your oral hygiene routine
- Use a neutral pH mouth rinse twice daily
- Drink plenty of water each day (8 glasses minimum) and eat a healthy well-balanced diet
- Reduce alcohol and caffeine intake
- Have a dental check-up and cleaning every six months
At Skypointe Dental, we deeply understand our patients and families that come through our doors. There are many reasons for bad breath, and there is no need to feel shame for the condition of your teeth or mouth. We will address your concerns and plan the best-personalized line of action to get rid of bad breath.
Dr. Jay Patel here in Skyview, Calgary, will walk your family through the relaxed process to excellent oral health. Contact us today and make an appointment to elevate your overall wellness.
Visit our office
Talk to us
Monday: 10:00 – 6:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 - 6:00 pm
Friday: 7:00 - 2:00 pm
Saturday: By appointment
Send us a message
We are now accepting new patients and bookings. We are open November 12, 2019.